No announcement yet.

New Emotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps make to where the emotes effect the surrounding NPC's... EG: puking would make a woman or child look at you in discust. As for a dwarf or orge would laugh and comment on the fact you cannot hold your ale.

Also, doffing being able to tagret helms as wells as hats.

Jumping will make your necklaces go sprawling around.

As for new... Maybe loss of thought or words! Like EG: Detahn opens his mouth but can't seem to form words as a dumbfounded look washes over his face.
    Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

Ooh, here's one. Let's expand on the TAP emote a bit.

TAP <person>
      $Person taps $Otherperson gently on the shoulder.
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
        Ooh, here's one. Let's expand on the TAP emote a bit.

TAP <person>
        $Person taps $Otherperson gently on the shoulder.
        But then I'll lose my favorite emote......when people try to tap something and then they say....

"I just tried to tap that, and it said I couldn't"......haha priceless.
        Last edited by David; 26 October 2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Put then I'll lose my favorite emote......when people try to tap something and then they say....

"I just tried to tap that, and it said I couldn't"......haha priceless.
          That's actually a fair point, I forget not everything has shoulders to tap...stuff like that drives me INSANE.

But I guess it's better than the other suggestion I wanted to go with:

$Person taps $Otherperson fondly on the rear, exclaiming, "DAT ASS!"

>_>

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

This is why you're not allowed to write any of the emotes, Dimetrius...

In reverse order because I am scrolling up:

I could make it so that Tap is the same and Tap shoulder <target> is different. It's an interesting idea.

To Detahn, perhaps do reactions/results at a later time. For now, I'm branching out the simple ones.

Highfive, I like. Fistbump, not so much. As a rule of thumb, anything slang "awww yea" or "dat ass" (I'm genuinely hoping you were kidding, so I am not taking your suggestion 100% seriously) or erm "cufuseded" will be left out. I'm a horrible person and I'm sure emotes already exist that are either OOC, include slang or whatnot.

Facepalm, good.

Nippletwist, Pyrok: - 1

Finger, maybe. Not a huge fan, so I'm going to hold off on it and mull it over.

Thumbs-up: thumbs-up

Snicker: Hm. Snigger is awfully similar...
            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Hey what about the Dismiss emote?
              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

>Puzzled
                $User cocks his/her head, a puzzled look crossing his/her expression
                >Puzzled $NAME
                $User cocks his/her head looking at %NAME, with a puzzled expression on her face.
                Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

WOT. You can code in emotes that consist of more than one word?! This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, yes...
                  But anyways. Back to things I'm sick of having to type/bind to an alias I end up forgetting about.

BROOD
                  Dimetrius taps his forefingers together, silently brooding over his thoughts.

TILT
                  Dimetrius glances towards Jaethor, tilting his head curiously.

(Hell, use that to replace the somewhat-lackluster CURIOUS emote itself, if it's too similar.)

WHINE
                  Dimetrius whines pathetically, a look of distress crossing his features.

Also, yes, I was -completely- joking about the "dat ass" bit.. Like I said, it was 'the other suggestion I wanted to go with'. I'm
                  not THAT bad! But while we're discussing silly emotes...could the untargetted/unmodified SING emote PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
                  be changed? My character doesn't know a dragon named Puff, and -certainly- doesn't know a song about it (nor would he be
                  singing it OFF-KEY, thank you!).
                  Last edited by Dimetrius; 26 October 2011, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                    "cufuseded"
                    sorry typo, meant to be confused, somehow typed the ed twice. ^_^

While I'm at it... Why do custom's take focus? ._.
                    Last edited by Alaxandria; 26 October 2011, 04:44 AM.
                    Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaxandria View Post
                      While I'm at it... Why do custom's take focus? ._.
                      Because if they did not, I could go around emoting attacks at everyone and spam the hell out of systems during combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
                        Because if they did not, I could go around emoting attacks at everyone and spam the hell out of systems during combat.
                        Those were fun days. Chaotic days, but fun.

Edit: It could be worse. Before they used focus, but after they didn't use anything, they used balance. Getting left behind in a bash/raid for
                        using a custom emote was the biggest letdown of my young life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                          But while we're discussing silly emotes...could the untargetted/unmodified SING emote PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
                          be changed? My character doesn't know a dragon named Puff, and -certainly- doesn't know a song about it (nor would he be
                          singing it OFF-KEY, thank you!).
                          I hate this emote more than any other. I actually meant to change it to be Frederick the dragon, but forgot.

As for custom emotes taking focus, Chyren and Dimetrius are correct.
                          Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Emotes: Tsk, Halt, Psh, Aye, Odd
                            Last edited by Ashrabia; 1 March 2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I like the 'tsk' one.
                              Roeshak waves a finger back and forth at (person) saying, "Tisk tisk."
                              Something to that extent, the closest thing that we have currently to my knowledge is scold which I actually use rather frequently.
                              Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                              A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Inquiry!

Would it be possible to code emotes to be realm specific? I don't mean things like the duality of GRIN, but entire emotes that only work for one of a specific realm.

Comment

Working...
                                X