Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Emotes

Greetings,

After taking a look at our emotes, we have decided that there are not as many emotes as we think there should be as some common emotions cannot be properly construed in the pre-written ones.

I would therefore like to hear your suggestions on new emotes. This will be kept open indefinitely as new ideas appear every day, but I would like to see an initial surge of answers.

Some simple guidelines and tips:
    - I personally do not believe we require any new affectionate emotes (Cuddling, petting, kissing...), so you will have better luck with getting the new emote added if it is not such.
    - I am not against silly emotes, but realize that they won't all be silly. Only a percentage of the good silly ones will be added.

If you agree with an emote someone suggests, say so. That's how we know that it'll be used and will encourage us to add it. If you disagree with its use, also say so.

Have fun and be creative.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

I'm not sure if there is one already for this, but I can't find it. I think it would be cool to have a High Five emote.
    Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
    2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
    Words to Live By:
    "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
    "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Thumbs-up and snicker.

Comment

Facepalm - I think this is a must. There are plenty of situations where it is needed.
        Finger- THE Finger. For when words are not enough.
        Nippletwist - Interrogation method.
        Throttle - I like to imagine it as 'Does Lord Jaethor have to choke a "blank"'
        Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
          Facepalm - I think this is a must. There are plenty of situations where it is needed.'
          thump law
          You thump yourself on the head with your palm.
          2880/2880h 360/360m 67xp >

Not close enough?
          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Nowhere near! Facepalms are for those moments where you know someone is doing something stupid and doesn't realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seig View Post
              I'm not sure if there is one already for this, but I can't find it. I think it would be cool to have a High Five emote.
              That would be awesome, maybe a fist bump as well. Then it could give a person the chance to accept or deny the one initiating the emote

Also maybe a way to show the emotes to see what they do without actually using them? So we can see what others will see if we target it and if we don't
              Last edited by Oskar; 11 September 2011, 05:53 PM.
              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

The emotes will all be normal emotes, partially because I don't feel like writing something like that, but also because you all get enough goodies that I'm not adding emotes like that to it *laugh*
                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                  That would be awesome, maybe a fist bump as well. Then it could give a person the chance to accept or deny the one initiating the emote

Also maybe a way to show the emotes to see what they do without actually using them? So we can see what others will see if we target it and if we don't
                  I could imagine a way to reject a high five would be to knee someone.

could be like "Down low."
                  bam.
                  Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                  2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                  Words to Live By:
                  "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                  "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Hrmm...I think an eyetwitch emote would be absolutely grand. And maybe a chew/bite emote that functions like 'tap', where
                    you can include modifiers such as 'lip' or 'nails'. Untargeted 'nibble' just sort of...doesn't do it for me :/
                    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment says, "Ah mortals, the neverending fountain of praise and sacrifices."

Comment

Re: New emotes

Originally posted by Jaethor
                      I would therefore like to hear your suggestions on new emotes.
                      I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of expression that represents one being "lost" as to the meaning of something, a sort of vacant expression:

>vacant
                      Your expression becomes one of sheer vacancy as you fail to understand or something better along these lines.

Originally posted by Jaethor
                      If you agree with an emote someone suggests, say so.
                      Originally posted by Seig
                      Originally posted by Oskar
                      ...maybe a fist bump as well.
                      These. I could see them working as such:

>highfive
                      You hold your hand up waiting for some kindly fellow to desist from leaving you hanging.

>highfive seig
                      You slap your open palm against the open palm of Seig, and after a loud 'smack' you both are all like, "Awww yeeaaaah!"

Then again this might all be irrelevant on account of this.

Comment

Personally, I want
                        >Confused
                        Alaxandria is cufuseded...
                        Hi. I don't have anything interesting or funny to put here, so I just left a generic placeholder till I do. Bye!

Comment

I would like something like 'dismiss' or 'wavehand' (those of you who've ever played an IRE mud have probably seen it).

Similar to my custom, 'Dimetrius waves his hand, dismissing the point entirely'.
                          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

blank - Soandso stares blankly into space
                            blank pyrok Soandso stares blankly at Pyrok
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by Dimetrius View Post
                              I would like something like 'dismiss' or 'wavehand' (those of you who've ever played an IRE mud have probably seen it).

Similar to my custom, 'Dimetrius waves his hand, dismissing the point entirely'.
                              Agreed, I am tired of keep having to type that out.
                              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Working...
                              X