No announcement yet.

TopMudSites link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to state that I am currently awaiting approval for mudconnector to post my review... been waiting three days, beginning to think I may have crossed their bias line.
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Also...mudconnector has suspended the ability to create new accounts so that people may vote......
      the sign ups are back up as of today.
      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
      Words to Live By:
      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/ad...UD&mud=Akanbar
        Last edited by David; 26 January 2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Ranked at 44 currently. I'd like to see us stay in the 20's....

Comment

We are ranked number 18 with one vote!
            Been a while since I last saw us on front page there.

Comment

Down to 23, but still leagues ahead of where we were last year.

If anyone lacking a bit in coding know-how would like a handy reminder (and clickable link, if I'm savvy enough?) when you log in, shoot me a PM, client is irrelevant.

Code is finished for Mudlet, if anyone bothers with that at all.

EDIT: Back to the first page, #20. Woooo.
              Last edited by Dimetrius; 1 July 2012, 07:48 AM.
              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

[Top Mud Sites], do this once every twelve hours. Currently ranked #51 as of this post.

[The Mud Connector], do this once per day (must make an account, but well worth it). Currently ranked #124 as of this post.

Let's go people, make yourselves useful!
                Last edited by Dimetrius; 15 January 2013, 06:14 AM.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"

Comment

BUMP BUMP BUMP. If you're tired, and I mean REALLY tired, of seeing three consecutive Dimetrius posts bringing up the rear of EVERY THREAD (trust me, you're not the only one), give us votes between your tears and call in some player variety!

--> [TOPMUDSITES]

--> [THE MUD CONNECTOR]

Comment

So I'm guessing it's just me who is experiencing problems with mud connector? Every time I go to the page it won't let me vote. As for top mud sites I vote every time I log from my computer. Heh the reflex to bring it up is an awesome reminder to vote.

Edit: and I do have an account so that's not the problem.

Words to Live By:

Comment

I've done away with the reminder altogether, now I just have a login trigger that opens both pages in my browser and FORCES VOTING DOWN MY THROAT. As much as I want to disable it and move on with my life, I can't deny that I would probably feel extremely guilty for the rest of my days after doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Suggestion for zMUD users:

#TRIGGER {^Welcome to Akanbar,} {#URL http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-akanbar.html}
                        Works the same way for cmud, just reminding you. Not sure about mudlet maybe Dimetrius can help out with that. You can also add this URL
                        Code:
                        #URL http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/simple_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=Akanbar
                        For TMC. Course it works better if you have it remember you so you don't have to login

Words to Live By:

Comment

Simple Mudlet trigger!

Pattern:
                          ^Welcome to Akanbar,

Script:
                          openUrl("http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-akanbar.html")
                          openUrl("http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Akanbar")

That's all there is to it!

Alternatively, just bind it to an alias (so you don't have windows firing if you log in multiple times and HAVE already voted), and put a cheeky reminder echo like:

Script:
                          cecho("\n<yellow>DID YOU VOTE YET? NO? THEN GO DO IT. NOW. F%#&ING DO IT.")

Last edited by Dimetrius; 19 January 2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Greets all,

I've taken a look-see at the reviews on the mudconnector (http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/pr...idx=1&mud=1110) and notice we've only got 4, 2 of which are very old. New reviews give potential players a better view on how akanbar is, be it good, bad or somewhere in between. I can harp on in our description and forum posts elsewhere about what features we have, and make akanbar sound fantastic, but player input and reviews is invaluable, not just to potential players, but to us as coders, gods, admin, etc. Better-educated players stay around longer and I don't think I'm the only one here that thinks we need a few more players.

If you wouldn't mind, please take a few minutes out of your schedule to submit a review to the mudconnector (http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/pr...gi?mud=Akanbar). I urge you to be honest in your reviews, though please keep any personal disputes with me (or the rare disputes with other gods) outside of reviews. As always, I also urge you to vote both on mudconnector and topmudsites. I think someone signed us up for other websites elsewhere, but those are the main ones.

-Jaethor
                            Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Hey Jaethor,

Not to say I will not be writing a review, possibly you should add one of those handy buttons to the website, and forums so we can click on it a place our vote for Akanbar?
                              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                                Hey Jaethor,

Not to say I will not be writing a review, possibly you should add one of those handy buttons to the website, and forums so we can click on it a place our vote for Akanbar?
                                I'm working on it. But you won't be writing a review, I know.
                                Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X