TopMudSites link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33rd!

I know, only 1 spot. This is still really good though.

Just wanted to let everyone know, my post about Akanbar on their forums has received 100+ views. I am still hoping that some of you might join their forums and post in that section, or make another. The more hype we can generate, the more novices we can bring to the lands.

Which in turn effects us all in various ways.

Keep voting!

Comment

Hey guys, got some bad news. We have fallen to 36th. Now, this is not a big deal if we are just getting out voted by our competition. We can only do so much. However, If we are relaxing on this, it will only be a short time until we are back 10 spots, then 20, then 50... all the work we have done thus far will have been wasted.

Lets remember to be diligent. It takes less than 30 seconds to vote once a day. I try and vote every time I log on. Sometimes, i forget, that is to be expected a few times. *chuckle*

Anyways, kind of just a bump for this, lets get back on our game and try to break into the 20s.

We are doing SOOOoooo Goood guys, lets keep it up!

Comment

Suggestion for zMUD users:

#TRIGGER {^Welcome to Akanbar,} {#URL http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-akanbar.html}

Comment

That really makes me wish I still had zmud. Oh well. -clicks on his bookmark link-
          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Thanks for the trigger Dave Saved me some work. I love being lazy.
            Last edited by Oskar; 31 July 2011, 02:14 PM.
            Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Boy! That is really cool. Thanks Dave!

Comment

Round2

Today, i looked at the forums and saw we were 21st! I know, WHAT A JUMP!

What seems to have happened, is the rankings reset everyone to 0. This is a great opportunity to start off strong and keep Akanbar ahead of the pack. We had to fight our way up from a position worse than 100 over all. Think what we can do by getting a head start!

Lets get above 20 over all this time, and stay there!

Good luck in what I am calling ROUND 2!

Comment

Round 200

Silly fish, tms resets 12 gmt on the first of every month. (Midnight). We're still 24th...93 to take 23 we got 88 votes. Blame me i havent been voting on my phone as often i do on compy sowwy! But yea its every month.
                  So literally its like round...200. Hehe no clue!
                  Last edited by ; 12 August 2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Doing Great! 25th and rising! keep up the great work everyone.
                    Tis' Only a Flesh Wound! Bring the Bunny Back!

Comment

Today when I checked it was at 24. Woo!

Comment

Yeah, we were at 25 this morning, now we're listed at 25, but tied for 24.
                        We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

New Year, same voting system.
                          Vote, for great justice!
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

We are now ranked 34th, for those of you who don't know.
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Greetings Akanbar,

With the imminent release of the Akanbar's new Java Client as well as the new features in the game and the dwindling player base, I have decided to look into the recruitment process of the game. As someone who has in the past utilized the Internet to search for muds (especially the websites mentioned below), I would like to work hard to improve our image on them.

Currently, there are players who work to raise voting on Top Mud Sites, which is well-appreciated. I have looked at the review system and have noted that we have not received any new reviews for over five years. It has, however, been pointed out to me that the review system has been down, though I have not personally contacted the administration to verify such as I cannot find the blasted submit button for the life of me.

I strongly urge you to continue voting on TMS as well as on other websites that accept such. There is a sibling site to TMS known as MudConnector (which I assume many of you know of). In addition to its own voting system, there is also a separate review submitting system. It does, however, require an account to vote, but due to such, the number of votes to get to the top is significantly lower. With two votes (I admit I tossed those in when I was updating the page), we have jumped from rank 800 to 153.

Since I have updated the MudConnector description, we have received several new novices, though unfortunately they picked not-so-busy times to log on. I suspect and even predict that if player reviews are submitted as well as players voting more, we will receive more novices. Of course, I urge you to be honest in your reviews. If you find faults in Akanbar, state them. The more descriptive your review, the better. You can even drone on about how horrid someone or something is. The important thing is to be honest so that searching players can properly gauge the game.

This brings me to the last topic that I would like to discuss in this post- novice treatment. I am exceedingly glad when I see people helping novices, even if they are not from your current realm. I only have two issues that I would like to point out. The least important issue is coddling novices. Try not to give them too much money or items to start off with. Naturally, a bottle of health potion or a backpack is fine, but do not hand them a mithril longsword, five bottles, twenty gold and so forth.

The second issue I would like to point out is that not every new character is an alternate; they may in fact be new to muds. Due to such, I would like you to take your time when explaining things to them, making certain that they completely comprehend a topic before moving on. Of course, some might be alts, but it is best to pretend that they are not.

Signed,
                              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment

tl;dr Submit reviews and vote on Topmudsites.com and mudconnector.com, though I am uncertain if reviews are up. Don't spoil/rush novices.
                              Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

It seems that Topmudsites haven't had a review in over 5 years for any mud. I have the last review done for any mud on 9/30/06.

Also...mudconnector has suspended the ability to create new accounts so that people may vote......

Ashrabia tried to get something going with the following link....perhaps we can just add to that in hopes of bumping it on their forums on topmudsites?

http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/ad...html#post46705

Another edit:

http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/pr...gi?mud=Akanbar

That seems to be a way to submit a review without having to have a log in at mudconnector. I suggest whoever is capable to do so and perhaps we can get lucky to get a few going!
                                Last edited by David; 24 January 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X