Has any

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
    I think the players just would like to see a little bit more...what's the word I am looking for....perhaps reason? why they should be logging on each and every day.
    Bingo.

Dimetrius, the character, has expectations of Golgonath. He expects his presence to be -required-, as an Empire should
    always have things that need tending to, slaves that need hanging, et cetera. As it were, however, this is what I see upon
    logging in:

I'm either the only player around, or the rest are simply...not worth nothing. Those who spend their time behind locked doors,
    doing who-knows-what with everyone-knows-who, whatever. Those who are around leave their city for a quick two-minute
    quest run, then sit in their house, seemingly doing absolutely nothing.

What does that give me?

Time to enlist serfs, transfer city funds to respective departments, other assorted duties. That's great! But after that...?

Nothing.

While I've been going through a bit of a situation that keeps me from logging in as regularly as I used to be able to, that isn't
    the main problem here. The problem is, even if I -were- able to come around and play for a few hours a day, why would I?

The stagnant periods are unavoidable, I've suffered through enough of them to know that. It may be a fit of pessimism on my
    part, sure. But I think that, were the playerbase a bit more involved in bringing the game back to life as a collective instead of
    hoarding their gold and crying over experience lost to wraiths, we might see some progress.

Leave your house, leave your city, go sit in an inn and pull up a chair. If someone happens to come along, try and engage
    them. Don't brush them off because they're from an opposing city: even mortal enemies can have interaction. They don't
    have to be pleasant, but they also don't have to be strings of expletives and rude gestures. Just try, and see how it goes.

-That's- the sort of thing that brings a game to life, not constant babying by the admin. Work for it.
    Last edited by Dimetrius; 30 January 2011, 08:43 AM.
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Ilessa View Post
      It's the specific issue of coders I'd rather not be discussed here. That is something that Zycandos decides, and he takes that issue very seriously. I don't mind you discussing in general ways to improve your enjoyment of Akanbar, and we have an Ideas thread in this very section to do just that. So if you all have ideas, please, post them there.

Fair warning: Major changes, plot development, and most things involving combat balance are on a hold while time issues are ironed out. Everything else is more or less fair game.

Now, let's see your ideas!
      Just wondering if the major changes and plot development are still on hold? This was posted exactly 2 months/8 days ago rl time, which is translated into 4 years ig?

???
      Last edited by David; 24 March 2011, 02:40 PM. Reason: Bump

Comment

Please see above.

Comment

Since you insist on bumping a thread and complaining about lack of plot development, explain to me the last time you participated in an event? Not a competition, be it quiz or physical one, but event. Plot development doesn't fall on your lap. You don't wake up one day and suddenly Ysallyra is evil, Golgonath is picking flowers and Elysium is underwater. It happens in the course of events.

There are actually multiple events going on right now, neither one of which you're involved in, one of which is Elysian-centric. It's not even possible for you to deny knowledge about it as you were present for two of the three interactions. From what I've read on the forums and see in game, the complain to action ratio is quite disproportionate.

Comment

Plot development shouldn't fall on my or any other players lap no, it should be pushed by the admin of cities. We as the players of Akanbar had the warning that all *major* plot development was haulted for reasons unannounced. I am simply questioning when the *major* plots will begin or arise? As a player, I do believe I have the right to question this and wonder when a *major* plot will be pushed.

As far as the current sub-plots surrounding Elysium, I have engaged them with both Astarael and Miri, but neither have really gone into detail over them. Since they were the ones that were approached and both are Senators, I believe fully that when we are all within the realm that we will put our heads together to work on that quest. But again, I wasn't even asking about these sub-plots, I am asking when *major* plots will be developed. I am combat heavy, and was asking as a player when combat will be reviewed.

I as the player should be able to log on and accomplish something other than questing/bashing/being in a locked room. I should have goals that I can achieve daily and be able to do these with my allies.
            Last edited by David; 24 March 2011, 03:37 PM. Reason: further explanation on sentence one

Comment

Until you actually go through with the event, you won't know if it's a *major* plot or if it's a sub-plot. The first event I had elysium engage in was actually a *major* plot, except elysium spent about five minutes on it and gave up, leaving me to have to decide to either keep pursuing the event or to move onto the next event, which was with another city. If someone does not want to spend time to accomplish something, I see nothing to gain from continuing that concept.

Comment

The issue of "negativity" has been brought up and thrown around in other threads, but I see nothing I or anyone else for the matter that may be saying is negative or degrading to anyone at all. I am merely asking questions and trying to understand what is truly going on. If that is negative, then I am truly sorry that caring is portrayed as negative in this land. I've been here through a lot of good times and a lot of bad times, but yet I am still here after what upcoming four years? I am sure to many they would like to see me gone, but as a good friend once said. Every mud, needs someone that causes a little drama or else what would we have? A chat room with features........

I feel bad using this only because He isn't here to justify it, but I will nonetheless....

Aten once said that communication with demons and Elysians shouldn't happen unless a sword is involved.
                Last edited by David; 25 March 2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

This is more of an update for this thread. So that when it is read, it accurately reflects upon Akanbar's current state of things.

Firstly, a great many things have changed. Dungeons have been revamped and are now accessible. There are multiple new characters around that serve a variety of purposes. I will not tell of the many new additions as that is half the fun. However, I will say that with a few of these new individuals, there has also been unique interactions with them.

A new skill has been added to the higher tier in Intelligence. Main BB 685 for reference, as well as a few additions/changes in regards to followers. I am not yet a follower, but for those of you who are, this might be of interest.

A new feature regarding those who have a desire to explore the seas, is warfare. Now you are able to equip your vessel with a ballista and cause harm to a city's and possibly a villages harbor. This has its consequences and rewards. Refer to Main BB 680 for further information.

Lastly, and most recently. For the Pyromancers who might read this, something has changed in regards to a few of your skills. I not being a Pyromancer, have no idea what this means, but please search this out for yourselfs!

These are probably the most recent updates to Akanbar. These are exciting times!

Thank the Gods and those behind the scenes for their hard work and dedication!

Comment

I still want trading! Though at least there are updates again I will have to agree. Things had grown a tad stagnant.
                    Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Since the other thread that was focusing SOLELY on RP and plots and such was closed, here it is.

What is happening with the plot of Akanbar? Where are the storylines going?

From what I can see, in admittedly not much playtime, is that it's at a standstill. We still have this weird sense of war between Golgonath and Elysium..but not really. We had that huge war and lots of stuff went down on all sides, but nothing came out of it.

If the best cityleaders can offer newbies is

"Well..we're at war with X for Y reason but don't attack them."
                      --or for Ysallyrans: "We..trade."

Then this does nothing for us. Sure, new places are being opened up and giving more bashing areas and places to explore, but this is supposed to be a living, breathing world. Where is the conflict? Where is the sense of drama? Maybe I'm alone in wanting these things, but I encourage others to reply with their own thoughts, especially an admin or two.

----------------------------------------------------

It's been a bit since I posted this, and I've had that time to think about it. There have been a few events in the past 6(ish) months. That said, I do not know that any have had a last effect, but I could very easily be wrong.

Comment

You should have seen what I was going to say before closing it. Ilessa is the nicer of us two.
                        Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

Having seen an... edge? of that wrath before i find myself somewhat glad.
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Who needs a plot when you have character development? I know a lot of you would argue that your character is 'developed', well in that case why do they switch cities? If we just want to be the 'best' fighter or most powerful then everyone would be in Golgonath based off of the current ideals of the cities. We are the story, what the Gods throw into the game or at us is and will still be plotted by the characters and their responses to such activities. Make something up, Golgonath burned down Khazir yet didn't destroy it as and example. I'd be just as willing to set Barthon wood or Avenwold on fire, particularly Avenwold because of the hatred of the elves that Golgonath has... stupid Imlatus tree hasn't produced me another glowing berry in years and years which is the only reason I haven't killed the elves again.
                            Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                            A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Working...
                            X