Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any

thing meaningful been added?

Me and a long term player were discussing this just the other day.

Closest we could come up with was Wyverns and drakes, about 2 years ago.

Comment

Yeah, I remember when they were put in. I played pretty heavily for 4 years straight and off/on for another two, I was talking the last 2-3 months.

Thanks, though

Comment

Originally posted by Silas View Post
        Yeah, I remember when they were put in. I played pretty heavily for 4 years straight and off/on for another two, I was talking the last 2-3 months.

Thanks, though
        I think Bult is correct here.....everything since then has sort of been fix or remove that. A new exporlable area would be pretty amazing for us older players though, perhaps take my mind off wanting more pvp experience.
        To be the best, one must defeat the best. Not once, but on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaridan View Post
          I think Bult is correct here.....everything since then has sort of been fix or remove that. A new exporlable area would be pretty amazing for us older players though, perhaps take my mind off wanting more pvp experience.

I agree, but nothing too giant. I'm not an older player, though. Only been playing about a year, in total. I need new PvP experience. But it's hard when everyone is either lower or much higher than your level. So I just end up bugging the same people for the same spars.

But I would love to explore something new. The fact that many people, myself included, could walk through the game blinded/no torch/what-have-you... and still get to 99% of places, says something. I think something like the Theatre would be cool, with different syntax of getting to different areas like ENTER HOLE, PULL ROPE, JUMP, etcetera. But is also doable by a few mid-level players, not something that needs three max tanks just to attempt. That's just my opinion. /endofrant

Comment

Wasn't there a competition once for players to submit their own written areas?

What ever happened to those submissions?

Comment

That was the Dreams Shrine. None of us know, as none of us are kept in the loop.

About anything.

At all.

Comment

That was the Dreams Shrine. None of us know, as none of us are kept in the loop.

About anything.

At all.
                Agreed. (since I need to make my post at least ten characters, I'm putting this side note in. )

Edit: Thought I would actually put some sustenance in my post... Haven't seen a divine around in a while. Granted, not many of us know what goes on behind hidden divine areas, but it would be nice to see some of them once in a while for more than a minute. Especially when we need them. Not trying to be all 'look at me! look at me!' or saying much negative (cause I know that on their priority lists, there are probably some major things at the top, while the silly mortal randoms are not.) but more like just putting my opinion out there. The Divine have pretty faces, or at least pretty holy auras, would be nice to see. :|
                Last edited by Ilshara; 15 January 2011, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I will say that I logged on at one point and saw Xyrath around with 2-3 other individuals. So they're not -totally- hidden.

And Ilessa hides a lot. She's (usually) there.

Comment

Before this thread's horn and tail completely develop, I feel compelled to respond. In such, it is a response as an individual and not as a representative of the collective non-mortals.

There have been opportunities in which players were given the option to help shape the future and not years ago. The most recent instance has been the contest held by "Alhazar" in which players were asked to submit an experiment they would like to conduct. While the records of the entries are long gone, four players had entered and Pyrok was deemed the winner. While it is up to him if he wishes to divulge the specifics of the design, in short, it was an additional area to the realm.

As of the last time Pyrok and I talked, possibly though an NPC as a medium, he had written up the room descriptions, which he had submitted to me. However, the understandably difficult part of gathering commodities to help build the area was still incomplete. While I have been absent for reasons I will not discuss, I have not received any messages that lead me to think he has completed this task.

While I do have your attention, I should remark that should I be active, you can tell me in out-of-character tells or message that you intend on doing something. It is possible that you will fail or that you will not obtain the result that you had hoped for, but it is ultimately the divines' decision. It is also possible that I will be too busy to assist you in which I ask you not flood my screen with tells if I do not answer immediately.

In a last note, I feel compelled to tell you that both Aaridan and Ilshara are correct in saying that divine are busy working on what they can. However, they are also working on advancing the mud in ways they can, whether though roleplaying with players or changing things. Even changes like the recent weather change that another thread talks about takes quite a bit of work.

Comment

I'm not even sure how to respond to that, really, but I'll try.

The responsibility of the admin(gods, in this case) is to continue to build upon and strengthen the world as a whole.

There are unfinished, and as has been posted by not only myself but Aaridan as well, little band-aid fixes to cover up incomplete works. Are they not being worked on? Are they being overhauled? Are they getting scrapped?

I don't think anyone is asking that the admin come out and say "We're working on doing X, Y, Z while simultaneously revamping Q and throwing out W." While nice, it then takes away the factor for people discovering the stuff. What they(myself included) are asking is, "What IS going on?" There's a difference between being left in the dark and being left on the edge of knowledge.

On a separate note, if you guys are just behind on coding/RP/handling day-to-day issues, pluck one of us up and have a non-guide/god role specifically for one of those purposes.

Please, please do not take this post as whining or insulting. I have literally spent hundreds of my own money on this place over the years, and it is a shame that this is the state of things.

Too long;Didn't read:
                      1)Try to keep us in the loop
                      2)Use us as resources too
                      3)Smile.

Comment

I'm not even sure how to respond to that, really, but I'll try.

What they(myself included) are asking is, "What IS going on?" There's a difference between being left in the dark and being left on the edge of knowledge.

On a separate note, if you guys are just behind on coding/RP/handling day-to-day issues, pluck one of us up and have a non-guide/god role specifically for one of those purposes.

Too long;Didn't read:
                        1)Try to keep us in the loop
                        2)Use us as resources too
                        3)Smile.

I quite agree. And I'm sure many people are wondering the same thing. I also agree with the god/non-guide role. While I have seen several rise to these roles, and then lose much sense of activity. There are many people who would be perfect for the role, and many people who would probably jump at the chance. I'm sure that it could help in anyway.

Agree with points 1, 2, and 3 above. Especially point 3

Comment

I have kept up with your forum posts in multiple sections of the forum minus the socializing bits of quotes, favorite fighting experiences and assorted other topics I cannot recall at the moment. Included in such are the ones where multiple people discussed the apparent patches including raiding. Unfortunately, there is a reason why I have not responded up until now; bug fixes and coded advances in the world are beyond my domain. It is up to the divine if they wish to explain what is being done, however you can trust that bugs are actively being fixed as they are the most pressing matter. To tell you that there is work being done, while sounding vague and unsatisfying, is all I can do.

I understand your frustration with being left out of the loop, but I recall reading someone writing before on the forums that you cannot always rely on the divine or handsome guides for role-playing or advances within the world. Do not take this as an infinite dream, as I certainly acknowledge a large amount of things require a non-mortal helping hand, but I have found that the role-play of mortals can almost always be grouped into romantic, silly-social or twisted-sadistic. On rare occasion I have seen role-play outside of these classifications. There is certainly nothing wrong with role-playing in any of these categories, but I find the role-play that does not exist in any of these three to be my personal favorite kind. As a final disclaimer to this topic, I have seen good role-play in the latter two groups. The former I have no interest in ever observing, thank you.

I acknowledge that in almost every topic I post in, I emphasize the need for mortal initiative, so why stop now? In response to your offer for assistance, it is not my job to approve or disapprove of any assistance. However, in the bluntest terms I can think of, I personally believe that if mortals cannot advance the storyline themselves as the key players, they will not do any better as guides or gods. I understand that this may come off as rude, but I am afraid that is the best way I could summarize my thoughts as and I apologize if you so take offense. My job is not to lead you through the forest, but to clear the brush that might be in your way.

Comment

That's the thing, though. The brush was cleared, the forest was gone through.

There was a huge war, it ended in peace. After peace, the war started up again. We are now in the midst of another war. Can you imagine how this will turn out?

What happened to the armies from Mt. Arquenos? Carmena would be a great place to start....but I continue to come back to my biggest issue: Some things do not get finished.

I could just have a skewed vision of the landscape in Akanbar right now, but it looks to be the same as it has for a while.
                            Last edited by Silas; 15 January 2011, 08:38 AM. Reason: Because it's 3am and I had to fix it to make sense.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are a lot of things being held up due to extreme time constraints on our parts. There are priorities and the things that are top priority get the most attention when those of us who can work on them have time to. Rest assured that we are more aware of things than some of you may think, and while it will certainly take some time, things will continue to grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X