No announcement yet.

Complaints Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the City Channels, the only thing I have to say, is that Akanbar itself has become very ooc as is - I don't honestly think sacrificing anything in character, for better communication ooc, is a good idea.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

I don't think a city channel is by any means OOC. Thus it is named a 'city' channel. It's not like some MuD's where there is an OOC channel going on at all.

I'm honestly not sure if it would benefit or be a malus to the game as a whole. While it may encourage less personal RP, it would hopefully bring a bit of flavour to each city, allowing them to show their City/Realm RP to newbies/oldies, as well as provide an outlet for things to happen on a bigger scale. Or so the hope would be.

Comment

Try yelling for a bit and see how that works as a city 'channel, cause everybody in the area gets to hear ya. When I came around to Akanbar, I wanted a city channel too. However, I don't think it's really necessary seeing how yellin', a forum, and a bb works.

But... I do wish there was a guild channel. Sometimes I'd like to talk to multiple guild novices in-game, and it's easier to communicate with them directly over a channel than a forum or bb. Jos is usually a really busy guy in-game, so he can't talk to his novices in person all the time. And tells somehow give a really primitive and impersonal air compared to having an actual guild channel to promote a sense of 'togetherness', cause they too can communicate with one another over great distances on a channel as a big group. Other than that, meh... I can live without a channel and can improvise with what is already available.

Also a BB section and a Forum Section for roleplay discussion would be awesome. Just call it Roleplay. It would be ooc-ish and allow people to come together in order to plan, discuss, and present Roleplay stories n' ideas.

For example, Joe has a great idea and wants to start a roleplay story. So he goes and posts it on the Roleplay bb in hopes that other people might be interested in joining n' participating in a roleplay story together with him. People join in and they all have a great time, and everybody feels encouraged to use the roleplay reward system. They'll discuss how the roleplay went and proceed to reward one another with rp points based on the quality of other's rp.
        Last edited by Joscelin; 16 September 2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

You rise from a Pyromancer.
          I was sat on a pyromancer... someone fix iiiiit. it's damn old and never fixed.
          Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by roran View Post
            You rise from a Pyromancer.
            I was sat on a pyromancer... someone fix iiiiit. it's damn old and never fixed.
            Least that's a blanket that will keep you warm in the winter.
            The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
            --------------------------------
            Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Running around melded and get randomly disconnected. Can't log back in to save my life, literally. FML! >_<
              The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
              --------------------------------
              Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                Running around melded and get randomly disconnected. Can't log back in to save my life, literally. FML! >_<
                Ouch! lol!
                Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

I can't read news in the dark? I understand 'the night is dark and you need a torch to play' is a time honored tradition in text based games, but to put players in a situation where they can't do anything is just a poor choice. I didn't check help files because I've read through most of them already, but I'm betting you can't read those in the dark either. Why not? What else would a player do if they happen to be new and stuck out in the dark at night?

This game seems to have a philosophy of "What doesn't make the player disconnect makes the character stronger". Really bad idea, guys.

Comment

What do you mean by reading news in the dark? You mean the helpfiles?

Comment

You can always try 'READBB <section> <Article #>'

I've never had a problem reading news in the dark. Also, the torch you get in the beginning lasts until you're at least level 21 I believe. Did for me anyways.

Comment

I really hate marching. It makes me want to stab myself in the throat. Repeatedly.

Rantrantrant.
                        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Yeah, I remember it took months to move an army of two thousand back in the last war. I think the army system should be at a more faster pace, but that's just a matter of opinion.

Comment

Chef Kharos tells you, "-shrug- I'm not changing anything. Sorry. Lots of
                            people do it, so you can adjust to fit. It only takes a few minutes to fix
                            your paths."
                            No, 'lots of people' don't close every door they come across while questing. Just you and when Icarus used to do it. I realize Silas quests a lot, but I also am not a jerk about it.
                            Last edited by Silas; 19 October 2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

kshkahrkabe k,hAHFALUFGKS. ,JSGZHOJS. J.

I hate to say it, but, I hate Windows. You suck. You ran fine for a month and now blue screens of death await me upon turning the tower on. Why. W H Y.

I hate fate(and windows).

Edit: Strike that. All of it. It works again and I love it.
                              Last edited by Silas; 24 October 2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Edit: Unwarrented.
                                Last edited by Silas; 3 December 2010, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X