Junior Member? Member? Senior Member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roeshak View Post
    I admit I don't roleplay as much as I could but its very seldom that I am in a situation where I can.

Just wanted to highlight this part.

As said above, every moment you are logged in..you're roleplaying. You are not yourself. You are playing a role. Every situation you find Roeshak in is a situation that can be roleplay'd in.

Comment

I agree with this, and I keep his character in a certain attitude/mentality. But even with this I haven't broken character in a very long time (Because I have a few fits in the past for various reasons not being specified) and no one is going to RP reward you for just being your character, at least I wouldn't normally. If someone started a RP like say using the brothel to strip in or something I would be very likely to reward them, I've rewarded city enemied because of shadow watching them. But you are right you are always roleplaying
      Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
      A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

I couldn't tell you the last time I did hand out points.

But, the thing is, I don't look to award them to allies. I'm more interested in someone who can be my most hated enemy, but can still use that as an outlet of proper roleplay, as opposed to 'lol ur a bad guy u suk'. That is the sort of thing that earns people my points.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

So I need you to hate me for it? And it would seem the more points you do have the easier it is for you to gain crystals at least this is something Shax and I had discussed before because she has a pretty good lot of them
          Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
          A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the rewards for having RP points aren't coded in.

Edit:

This is from a while ago, but this was the last I was told of it.

[12]: Rhyndar : OOC: There is nothing more than a slight ego boost temporarily. It was discussed, but more or less settled that it could turn abusive.
            Last edited by Chyren; 28 April 2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post

[12]: Rhyndar : OOC: There is nothing more than a slight ego boost temporarily. It was discussed, but more or less settled that it could turn abusive.
              Oh Akanbar! Why must all nice things always be abused.
              Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                Oh Akanbar! Why must all nice things always be abused.
                Because as far as I'm aware, it's all humans playing, and it's human nature for the most part to try and take advantage of a system.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherise View Post
                  Because as far as I'm aware, it's all humans playing, and it's human nature for the most part to try and take advantage of a system.
                  Welcome back! Aren't you in high spirits about the human race.
                  Be wary of anything given to you by Jaethor, it will probably kill you someday

Comment

Human Race?

I personally think the trolls are a far more upstanding race. No lies, no deceit, no cruelty... If only our world was that of Trolls...

One can only dream. *sigh*

Comment

I don't use it cause A) its difficult to get people to roleplay consistently B) the rewarding seems pretty subjective to me, one person's good roleplay is another's very bad roleplay. C) And to tag on to Cherise's glowing review on the human race: We as humans are reward driven. There's no reward in giving people RP points. No prize, no fancy title, no extra gold. Praise and recognition is nice, but that's not what we want... So, it won't get used and abused until there's a shiny trinket for people to parade about with.
                      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Misanthropes drive better roleplay, trufax.
                        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Oskar View Post
                          Welcome back! Aren't you in high spirits about the human race.
                          Oh Oskar, you know me, I just like to be snarky .

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok View Post
                            C) And to tag on to Cherise's glowing review on the human race: We as humans are reward driven. There's no reward in giving people RP points. No prize, no fancy title, no extra gold. Praise and recognition is nice, but that's not what we want... So, it won't get used and abused until there's a shiny trinket for people to parade about with.
                            If you want it to be used more often, use it yourself. If everyone goes around thinking 'Nobody else uses it, why should I bother?'...when is the cycle going to break?

Comment

Working...
                            X