Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudlet

http://www.mudlet.org/

LUA is one of the fastest compiling scripting language out there. It's easy to learn and the client is free, so that's also a plus.

Here's instructional videos for people to get started in case they feel overwhelmed on how to work the basic stuff.

http://www.mudlet.org/media/

Joscelin saved my 'heathen' Ubuntu/Linux self
    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Faster than Windows XP apparently. If you know how to overcome the learning curve to using it.

Comment

Simple Targeting Explanation for Mudlet
        -------------------------------
        Alias Name: Anything

Pattern: ^t (.*)$

LUA code:

target = matches[2]
        echo("Targetting: " .. target .. "\n")

-------------------------------

Explanation: It creates an imaginary variable called target to float around in the current session. To use this variable, here is a sample of an alias that uses target:

--------------------------------
        Alias Name: Multislash
        Pattern: ^ms$

LUA code:
        send("do multislash " .. target)
        send("strike " .. target .. " neck")

--------------------------------
        Explanation: The two period .. is used to bridge variables to the script you're writing inside. So for example a swing alias:

send("swing " .. target)

In one of the muds that I play. I am required to target a specific body part. So I would add another .. and "close parenthesis with content".

send("swing " .. target .. " head")

Hope that helps.
        Last edited by Joscelin; 17 July 2010, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Permanent Variable Tutoral:

Click on Scripts

Name it Variables

Here are examples of permanent variables you can add:

target="";
          temperature=0;
          balance=false;
          grabDodge="block";
          impaleDodge="parry";
          rejectTarget="";
          bashType="manual";

NOTE: They all can be changed during gameplay via what you put in scripts. Such as the targeting script posted above. These variables listed in the Scripts are your 'default' variables after you log out and log back in of the client.

Comment

You need to post some more basic Mudlet stuff. Like some of the commands like send() and echo() that you use normally.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Ahhh, Mudlet. My system also runs on Mudlet, so if you have any specific questions, shoot me a PM. But, to explain the two things you mentioned:

Code:
              send("thing")
              The send function is very basic. You simply fill in the syntax want your system to execute. For instance:
              Code:
              [b]ALIAS[/b]
              Pattern:
              ^diag$

Script:
              send("diagnose")
              And for the second:
              Code:
              echo("words")
              Echo does...well. What you expect. It echoes words, can be used in any scripting form (alias, trigger, script, etc.)
              Code:
              [b]TRIGGER[/b]
              Pattern:
              ^You feel as if your soul is being wrenched from you by a dark spirit\.$

Script:
              echo("Ohnoes, you're being possessed!")
              Echo itself is pretty bland, though. On the other hand, you could use cecho.
              Code:
              [b]TRIGGER[/b]
              Pattern:
              ^You feel as if your soul is being wrenched from you by a dark spirit\.$

Script:
              cecho("<yellow>Ohnoes, you're being <red>possessed<yellow>!")
              You can input as many color changes as you want, and use SHOWCOLOURS to bring up the whole list of options.

If you use two colours, separated by a colon, it will then use the first colour as the foreground and the second for the background.

<red:blue>, <white:black>, etc.
              Last edited by Dimetrius; 8 March 2012, 04:45 AM.
              Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
              Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Originally posted by Joscelin View Post
                Permanent Variable Tutoral:

Click on Scripts

Name it Variables

Here are examples of permanent variables you can add:

target="";
                temperature=0;
                balance=false;
                grabDodge="block";
                impaleDodge="parry";
                rejectTarget="";
                bashType="manual";

NOTE: They all can be changed during gameplay via what you put in scripts. Such as the targeting script posted above. These variables listed in the Scripts are your 'default' variables after you log out and log back in of the client.

target=""; <--- See an immediate use for that.
                temperature=0; <---- Que?
                balance=false; <----- Show me this wizardry.
                grabDodge="block"; <---- Looks like it's something pertaining to just melee users
                impaleDodge="parry"; <----- definitely melee user related
                rejectTarget=""; <---- So you don't hit your horse?
                bashType="manual"; <---- Y U AUTOBASH? HAX
                Let's make 'em scream

Comment

OMG, lifesaver!
                  Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                  A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

Some commands I've seen (from Dimetrius) and that I've mucked around with and used myself in triggers
                    Just to be clear, the "" marks are important, else the commands don't know what to send. You'll know you've done it right when the text inside turns green.
                    send("enter_send_text_here")
                    this will send to the mud whatever you put inside the brackets, be it slap villager, sip health so on and so forth, basically this is what you do when you hit the enter key with a valid syntax command.

echo("ECHOOOOOOOO")
                    This will not send ANYTHING to the game, but just simply echo it back to you, this can be used to create your own personal system (much like what Dimetrius has done) complete with help files should you decide to send your system to other mudlet users.

expandAlias("aliasname")
                    This is a more 'advanced' version of send. Send will send EXACTLY what you put into it. If you have an alias for ragwort, and use send("ragwort"), it'll send 'ragwort' to the mud, and you'll get
                    "I'm sorry I don't understand" as it is not a valid command.
                    expandAlias() is different, it takes your alias, and expands it and sends the commands contained in that alias to the game.
                    Note: You must capitalize the A in expandAlias(), or else it will not work.

If/Then... elseif statements
                    These are complicated somewhat, and take some fiddling (for me at least) to get to work properly
                    Example code: (there are no typos here, this is how the code has to look. Don't believe me, forget some characters and Mudlet will tell you the code is invalid)

If paralyzed==true then
                    echo("YOU ARE PARALYZED.")
                    elseif paralyzed==false then
                    echo("Happy days, you are not paralyzed!!")

Basically what this is in plain english
                    "If I am paralyzed, then say 'You are paralyzed' if i'm NOT paralyzed then awesome, I'm not paralyzed."

Next post I will show how to toggle this manually and how to toggle it in a trigger environment.
                    Let's make 'em scream

Comment

I am truly very glad that such cooperation is being done like this. If I had any experience with the Mudlet application, I too would join in. However, I personally would like to state that aside from the few beginner things that I was taught in the way beginning, my system is completely my own. I am not trying to boast my system as I know other people have far greater than I. What I do mean to say is that I take great pride in what I have put together considering where I started and where I am now. 4-5 years ago, I didn't even know how to use variables in any kind of sense. I literally wrote important things down on a notebook/journal and made reference to it whenever i needed specific numbers. Don't get me wrong, I got help. Similar to what is being offered in this forum. I only mean to encourage users of any system to actually understand what is being taught to them. So often I have explained how something works and instead of learning how it works, they just want 'it' to work.

I am guilty of just wanting things to work as well. However, I constantly went back, tried to use the same technique for something else and through trial and error was able to make something that is truly 'mine' and something that I now understand how it works. Anyways... I know this is a ramble so I will stop. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

As always, shoot me a PM if you should have any questions too vomituous to plug into this thread. This goes for anyone, regardless of IC affiliation.

Golgonians alone, however, have the added perk of being able to further beta-test my system alongside Pyrok. It's been undergoing a bit of a covert revamp while I've been away, and I would eventually like to encompass all four of our guilds rather than opening it solely for the Forsaken.

Get at me.
                        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
                        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

I said i'd tell you how to toggle the variable sections of the if/then statement functions in a trigger. So now I'm going to.
                          It's really simple.
                          I have my antitoxin trigger set to toggle this variable:
                          deathcap=true
                          when I get poisoned. This tells another trigger i have to do something different than normal.
                          the trigger would look something like this
                          (I think this can be done one of two ways...)
                          if deathcap==false then
                          send("normal cure here")
                          end
                          if deathcap==true then
                          send("sip antitoxin")
                          send("normal cure here")
                          end

OR (this is the other way that sounds like it works)
                          if deathcap==true then
                          send("sip antitoxin")
                          send("normal cure")
                          elseif deathcap==false then
                          send("normal cure")
                          end

You would also need to make a trigger for it when it has been cured and the script goes as so:
                          deathcap=false
                          This will turn it off.
                          Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Okay so i'm trying to do a charge alias it looks like this now.

send("charge " ..target..direction)

i have set up variables for target and direction, but when i use it i wind up with this:
                            charge vrieleast
                            how the hell do i get it to insert the second space?
                            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

pattern: ^charge (.*)$

send("charge "..target..(" ").. matches[2])

That's my charge alias.

Comment

Working...
                              X