Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Questions

(I figured we needed a thread for small questions, and since I had a quick question, now was a good time to make said thread)

So, didn't trees used to always produce 3 kindling only? Did things change or was I just unaware it was random?
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Yeah, I think it's a new development. I was leaving kindling all over the forest last spring...
    Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
    Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

yeaaa... I found a lot of kindling lying around *cough*
      You say, "Ready? Ready?"
      You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

I've been adjusting it here and there, trying to find a good balance. It may still be subject to change.

Comment

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a cedar tree, and with a final groan the tree
          begins to fall, slowly at first, before falling with an almighty crash,
          sending splinters and bits of wood in every direction.

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a cedar tree, and with a final groan the tree

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a beech tree, cutting into the tree's trunk.

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a beech tree, and with a final groan the tree

swing tree

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a beech tree, cutting into the tree's trunk.

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a willow tree, cutting into the tree's trunk.

swing tree
          You swing a mithril great axe at a willow tree, and with a final groan the
          tree begins to fall, slowly at first, before falling with an almighty crash,
          What up with that? It used to take one swing per tree cause it's an axe, but now it takes 1-2. I figured it was another change? Maybe? Hopefully a mistake? Consolation Crystals? Kryllian limbs?

Edit: oh. Also: I looked at there were 35 logs on the ground. Is... That also new? Or a bug.
          Last edited by Xinia; 17 April 2010, 03:12 AM.
          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
          You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

It might depend on the size of the tree, if it's been allowed to grow larger than a sapling as everyone runs around chopping them down as they sprout more or less. Larger trees would require more effort to fell, but would yield more resource. Just my interpretation.
            The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
            --------------------------------
            Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

ahhhhhhh. Who knew? Not me. Thanks much! Wow, I feel like I just chopped down a legendary tree.
              You say, "Ready? Ready?"
              You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

He's right. Trees get older and produce more wood as they age. Ingame stat. Not sarcasm.

Comment

oh? I believed Kresslack. I meant that I chopped down a tree that's been growing for some time (hence the more wood), so it's like it's endured the elements, grown for years, just to be chopped down by me.
                  You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                  You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Just adding a sense of YEAH HE'S RIGHT AND THATS HOW IT WORKS to his post.

Comment

I remembered I when I first started chopping trees, I went to the Elf place and there was the special tree and another one...of course I wanted to chop down the regular tree, but accidentally hit the wrong one and died instantly.
                      The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
                      --------------------------------
                      Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Comment

Originally posted by Kresslack View Post
                        I remembered I when I first started chopping trees, I went to the Elf place and there was the special tree and another one...of course I wanted to chop down the regular tree, but accidentally hit the wrong one and died instantly.

lol bad luck
                        Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

So quick question, was reading through many help files... such as I do when I'm bored. And I was looking at HELP 17.7 Army Costs and had a quick question... what ever happened to the Knight types? A.K.A Templar, Shadow Warriors or Legionnaires? I suspect that they are/were like wardens and hang around their respective guild halls. Were they just something that was meant to be fleshed out, and weren't. Or something that was decided against, or taken out completely? suspect they would be rare, if they existed, seeing as how they have no cost involved in having them.

Comment

Meant to be fleshed out, and weren't.

Comment

Ah, makes sense, thanks. It's a wonder they weren't, always wondered why citizens get to be trained and wardens are enlisted and the melee/fighting guild of each city didn't have a facet of warfare.

Wonder why they weren't fleshed out. It would only be an addition to the current system. Perhaps a different set of calculations/balancing of the current damage calculations.

Comment

Working...
                              X