Tsianina and Faralil Atala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsianina and Faralil Atala

There are those for reasons unknown who question the origins of the Atala sisters. Tsianina is busy at this time as she has been newly elected as the Guildmaster of the Shamans so it has been left to me to summarize our lives. I apologize in advance for the mundane events that are to follow but the truth is that we are simply young women who descended from our mountain home seeking adventure.

Our story begins with our courageous mother. We do not know much about her life before she gave birth to us except she was wronged by a man so maliciously that it led her to spurn those she had previously called friends. She never told us the details of how she was hurt, but it pained her so much that she took what little she had and move to an isolated area high within the chilly mountains. Fueled by her own anger she managed to gather supplies to build a cabin. It was her intention to live a life devoid of human contact but it was not to be; while building her cabin she became aware of her pregnancy. She was only able to survive by sacrificing her beloved horse, living off its flesh so that her and her unborn children would survive.

She told us the night we came into the world was hard and long, never had she known such pain. She spent most of the night cursing the man who she felt had shamed her. When she delivered Tsianina she knew something was not right (Yes, that red-headed know-it-all came first) as she was still having intense labor pains. She worried that she was to die and leave her newborn child to starve to death, but to her surprise she delivered once more. We were both healthy and strong children, perhaps the Spirits of the Earth were with us even, for we were children of the Mountains.

Our mother taught us how to survive and thrive within our frigid and sometimes hostile environment. We were all very close; we needed and depended on each other. I think when we entered adulthood and dared to question Mother, the cabin suddenly became too small for Tsianina, the mountains too familiar. I had no such feelings. I was comfortable in our home. I loved the routine and the simplicity of our lives. It was not enough for Tsianina though. She wanted to see the sights Mother sometimes spoke of and eventually she let Mother and I know of her plans to leave. We tried to dissuade her. Mother had taught us that there was nothing but pain and hurt out there waiting for us, but Tsianina could not be persuaded to stay. She left us and I am sure that Mother wishes to this day that she could have somehow thought of another way to change her mind.

It surprised me several days later when Mother suggested that I follow her into the valley and try to bring her back, and if I could not bring her back to try and watch out for her. It didn’t sit right with Mother that she was out there alone. Part of me was thankful for this reason to leave as I missed my sister dearly. I do believe there is a bond between twins that cannot be understood by those of single births.

Her trail was almost cold but I was able to follow her. Once I reached civilization I questioned enough people to lead me to Ysallyra where I found her enlisted with the Shamans. As you may have guessed I was not able to convince her to return home with me. So I stayed rather reluctantly and joined the Shamans myself. The Spirits of the Earth seemed quick to answer our calls. It seemed that our births within the Mountains strengthen our affinity with the earth. The Spirits recognized us and the powers bestowed upon us sang in our blood. I believe that the events in our lives were orchestrated. Did the Spirits know of us before we were conceived? Did we have a purpose beyond our lives within the mountains? I believe it to be so. I believe we are needed by the Earth and Tsianina and I have devoted our lives to learning what we can from the Spirits of the Earth.

Penned by my hand on 5th day of Shemis, in the year 329

Faralil Atala
    One day I won't suck. Today is not that day.

I like it!

Comment

Working...
    X