MushClient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MushClient

I know about 99.9% of people in Akanbar use Zmud/Cmud, but if anyone comes along that uses MushClient and needs any help, let me know. TinyFugue is also another Very strong, free client...it just takes a high knowledge of coding, as you literally have to script every, single, thing.
    The Strong may rule the Weak, but the Clever will always rule the Strong.
    --------------------------------
    Real men are carved from the pointed teeth of adversity

Not that I'm expecting anyone to see this.....

I'm using mushclient atm, due to various reasons... and would really like to use variables, but have no idea how to. o.o

Any help?

Comment

What a question!

Here's an example or three, which should give you a pretty good indication as to how things play out. If you know anything of Lua and regexp, it should be self-explanatory. If not, keep the questions coming and I'll see how I can narrow it all down.

Code:
      [u][b]Triggers[/b][/u] (send to script)

Pattern: ^Welcome to Akanbar, (\w+)\.$

Script: SetVariable("myname","%1")

[u][b]Aliases[/b][/u] (send to script)

Pattern: ^t (\w+)$

Script: SetVariable("target","%1")
      They can be referred to in scripting the same way they can in zMUD, if I recall correctly (@).

Code:
      [u][b]Aliases[/b][/u]

Pattern: ^sd$

Script: symbiote defile @target
      For aliases or triggers that reference variables that way, you'll need to have 'Expand Variables' checked off on the right side. Hope this helps somewhat!
      Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
      Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Omg thank you so much dimey
        so
        send to script
        SetVariable("Variable","%1")
        sets variable Variable as what is defined in the trigger/alias/etc as (\w+)$

Why does the Welcome to have the \.? To not include the dot at the end of the line?

Comment

Putting a \ before a character "escapes" it, so the client doesn't try to process it as part of a regular expression.

Admittedly you may not NEED to escape a period (with MUSH, think you do - Mudlet is the questionable one there), but I escape everything just in case.
          Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
          Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

Working...
          X