This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger/more places and islands you can't gate to
    If there are more villages/more places to quest and hunt, there's more things to do. No offense, but I notice people sticking to the same quests. I think one of the biggest problems I face is things to hunt. I'm strong enough for the initial heretics, but the rest is either too weak/too strong. Furthermore, If the heretics aren't dead because of me, then someone else is there killing them, making hunting annoying. Oh. Also, make more islands you can't gate to. Cause sailing sounds like it could have awesome potential.

Events
    No offense, but um, once you get past the awe of game features, there's a certain void left behind. I'm not talking about festivals to see who becomes a god, or player-run wars. Say the alchemist in Travanok was testing some different compounds out and ended up tainting the swamp east of them. The mosquitos then got infected and became insanely deadly. They began attacking some nearby village and there you go, people need to do stuff. Maybe the city that helps the most gets some sort of prize, or even the player that helps the most.
    Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
    You say, "Ready? Ready?"
    You say, "Go get it!"
    You throw a light crystal to the up.
    You have recovered balance.
    Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
    Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
      Events
      ...This about sums it all up. LET US DO SOMETHING OTHER THEN QUEST OR GET ON EACH OTHERS NERVES. ((Hopefully my gratuitous caps will be a hint.))

I think one of the biggest problems I face is things to hunt.
      Do you kill the nomads in Lymr? The vipers?

Are you equipped in a full suit of armour(Helm/platemail/armgreaves/leggreaves/gauntlets)? Are you using a 1 or 2 handed weapon? A tower shield adds a chunk of damage removed.

Are you learning skills to help with bashing? Agility to get hit less/for less damage? Weapons to do more damage?

On a semi-related note:Learn how to do the quests that give experience quickly, and more specifically, learn where the broom/lantern/pitchfork/net quests reset, and pick those up every 15 minutes. It's decent exp if you do it often.

Words about making more islands or places.
      I think we all would like this. Sadly, the Deities tend to work on bugs, skills, or things we don't even know about. I'm very vocal about wanting some things fixed(*cough* trading *cough*), but apparently they're focusing on warfare(again).

To add something constructive:There are a lot of places in Akanbar that aren't traveled. There's probably quite a few places you don't even know exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyren View Post
        ...This about sums it all up. LET US DO SOMETHING OTHER THEN QUEST OR GET ON EACH OTHERS NERVES. ((Hopefully my gratuitous caps will be a hint.)).
        DO EET ((I figured more caps can't hurt))

Do you kill the nomads in Lymr? The vipers?
        Nomads, no. As far as I can tell, the only way to get to Lymr is through golgonath unless you can shadow gate... and uh, guess who can't? As for vipers, yea, but I go through antitoxin like it's candy (yes, I'm a young nub), so I'm not really encouraged to hunt them.

Are you equipped in a full suit of armour(Helm/platemail/armgreaves/leggreaves/gauntlets)? Are you using a 1 or 2 handed weapon? A tower shield adds a chunk of damage removed.
        Yes/2/see next sentence. To be honest, the armour doesn't help too much. It reduces maybe 20% total, which I mean, in the heat of a serious battle, is important, but I spend more money on repairing all the armour I have than I make via hunting/questing, so I don't wear the armour 90% of the time.

Are you learning skills to help with bashing? Agility to get hit less/for less damage? Weapons to do more damage?
        Yea. Marx made the guild requirements focused around helping with bashing/questing and I just finished those.

On a semi-related note:Learn how to do the quests that give experience quickly, and more specifically, learn where the broom/lantern/pitchfork/net quests reset, and pick those up every 15 minutes. It's decent exp if you do it often.
        Stewert and the other quest junkies taught me quests. Experience isn't so much a concern as I'm already level 42.
        You say, "Ready? Ready?"
        You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Nomads
          Go through the plains of ash. East of Golgonath. Before you hit Kervoza. Keep heading in a southern direction, you'll hit Baresh, which has slavers and corsairs(Also killable), and keep going in a southwest direction for the desert, and then it's just a matter of finding your way to the nomads. (Don't kill the ones standing in the desert in the huge group. You'll die.)

I go through antitoxin like it's candy
          You only die after 4 hits. Wait to sip until the second hit if you want to save. If you're taking the nest of 4, just watch the hit pattern, and if you need to sip again, do it.

Marx made the guild requirements focused around helping with bashing/questing and I just finished those.
          I know what the requirements are, and yes, while they are centered around bashing/questing, they're nowhere near what you're going to need to get exp at higher levels. Exceptional agility is key, as that's the time where you actually notice stuff missing you.

Experience isn't so much a concern as I'm already level 42.
          Oh, the memories. I'll trade you...the amount of xp I need for a level, for the amount you need.

Comment

I was disappointed to learn that there are no musical instrument objects in the game apart from a few involved in quests. If Tsianina tried to talk to one of the mobs in the Murandi village to try to convince them to make more instruments available, might it be possible to get to where they have a shop with a few items for sale? (It wouldn't be the same as the flute and drum -- those are sacred tribal artifacts -- but perhaps they could also make an 'everyday' drum, or a stringed instrument, or something...) Or is that kind of in-world interaction not a good way to approach this?

Comment

I wish stuff like that actually happened, but on a day-to-day basis...there aren't many mob-possessions...unless its part of a storyline or a divine being extremely bored. I honestly can't even remember the last time it did...maybe runesmiths/legion/shaman introduction?

Comment

So is there any other means of going about things like this? I understand they will be at best rare, admins typically have too much to do and not enough time, so I'm not expecting to have the world on a platter. But I don't want to give up on music this soon, either.

Comment

Your best bet is to continually remind someone up there about it, or even see if Theo can code it(No idea if he can code or not).

Comment

Doesn't even need coding, it's just an object or three. But who's "up there" and how do I let them know? That's really what I'm asking.

Comment

Up=sky.

So, pretty much, any of the divine? I'm not even sure who to go to, really.

Comment

Okay, we've got the who but not the how...

Comment

Up=sky.
                          WHAT?!
                          No. Way.
                          You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                          You say, "Go get it!"

Comment

Probably just send Zycandos a message. Or a tell if you happen to see him around.
                            One day I won't suck. Today is not that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Xinia View Post
                              WHAT?!
                              No. Way.
                              Yes, actually. A long line of scholars and physicists have deduced that yes, UP does indeed equal SKY.

Comment

What if you are already in the sky and then you go up?
                                One day I won't suck. Today is not that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X