This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas

Since a number of you have been wanting somewhere to post ideas. This new thread is going to be the place to do it.

I mentioned previously that we didn't want to get into giving out detailed responses to every idea, so this thread will be mostly player moderated. That being, people will either agree or disagree with you. While the Gods will probably be reading this section, don't expect many direct replies here.

Have at it...

---random thought---

what about a skill in, say, brawling, to force people to follow you?
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

...fail to see how that works. i'd like to see a new grapple move. Suplex! be awesome.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

@Lawrence - I could see that as more of a warfare skill, your skills as a leader becoming so great that you can compel even the normally unwilling to follow you.

Comment

There would also need to be a skill in something to block it so people can't force-lead you and make you go straight to their guards or the like.

Comment

There already is a skill that does that. Sorta. Just one person, for one room.

Comment

hmm... i seem to remember someone once leading me for a stern talk... cant remember if i followed freely, though...
              may your blade strike true, and the shadows watch over you.
              --greed? what is greed compared to the flow of full purses? -- deep reflection after a few sips of moonshine

Comment

I'm still wondering what the point of such an ability would be anyhow. The only time I can think of where you'd want someone to follow you, but they wouldn't willingly do so, is to drag them off to a battlefield of your choosing to kill them, and that'd be really quite cheap to grab someone and take them anywhere you want. You could take them to a death trap, or an ambush, or even drag them off to an area that they have no means of leaving and ditch them there. The current skill is well balanced in that the person would have to be right next to the room you want them to be in.

Comment

force follow

Interesting, but we all know this skill would only become a way for people to use thier city guards to fight their battles. Forcing someone to follow would just be too easy to get a sure kill. What is interesting, is when some idiot follows you willingly during a challenge, then theyre kind of asking for it. The only thing is, if the guards kill them, you dont gain experience, and then you have to listen to them whine all day about how cheap it was. I guess what id have to wonder about this skill, is can you lose the person by simply using "lose all" or "lose name"? or do you need some special countermove for it? I also agree that it would be in warfare to make sense. Im not too hopeful about the gods liking the idea enough to implement it, but I dont expect to die that way any more than one single time if it ever was.
                  Baron Icarus Augustus, Commander of the Black Legion, Imperial Guard Captain

Comment

All i know if i was forced to follow someone and they cheated in a fight by taking me to guards, or it became so cheap you could trigger to to force during a raid so that you walk in and walk out fast as you came in to kill someones tank then go back tnat second later to finish off the next one i'd be like wth. so its dumb...
                    In every great storm lies a great calm.

Comment

Oh and I'm working on some guilds and sets to submit very soon...How do you think 3 new guilds, monks, rangers and necromanncers would sound? gonna email it to zycandos when i get done, see what he thinks.

Comment

thus the point of having a skill to block it, or putting it under ironwill.

@New guilds- Let's finish up everything with the guilds we already have first and once they are set in *plus* all the things still going on to get finished before we do anything drastic like that...

Comment

*nods* like fixing some warden skills that still don't do what they say they do? *grin*

Comment

Yeah, probably a good thing to fix some skills that've been around for uhm, years, before we do new guilds again.

Comment

small idea

one tihng i have been thinking on is letting golgonath have some more afflictions capable. balance things out without ruining any current skillsets for any future guild ideas...

Comment

Working...
                              X