The Raven's Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raven's Wing

Perhaps you've seen him on your travels. Sitting on a tree stump scribbling away at a book, or off picking mushrooms by the side of the path, or even a faint woody scent as some unseen traveler passes by. Always vigilant, he keeps a map of all the paths through the forest to aid any lost travelers in finding their way, but to any who would seek to harm the forest, he is a fearsome enemy, more than willing to use the forces of nature against those who do not respect it.

This description would seem fitting for a mystical protector of the forest, but the person it is describing is most mundane indeed. A simple human man, I grew up in the town of Merridan, spending most of my spare time exploring the silverwood forest. As wanderlust struck me, I left the tiny island for the mainland, joined the city of Ysallyra, and found purpose in the worship of the goddess Anath. It was here in Ysallyra that I also found guidance through my guild. I learned to use the bounty of the forest against my foes, to move undetected around those who would do me harm, and even a few magical tricks, though I must say I prefer to rely on them as little as possible. My brothers and sisters in Ysallyra have become like a new family to me, and my loyalty to them is only second to my loyalty to Anath.

There are not many who know my history... and I like it that way. Even what I have told is rather sparse, but it is sufficient for others to understand who I am, and why I do what I do. Maybe someday I'll share stories from my life with the world... but even at my age, I'm afraid my life is just beginning, and who can say what details are best left a secret?
Working...
X