Lawrence, Master of the Winds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence, Master of the Winds

Long ago, one of the elder sentinels of the Storm Wardens was making his rounds on celestial island, and stumbled upon a newborn child on the beach. He took the child and raised it as his own, naming the boy Lawrence, meaning "crowned with laurel".

As Lawrence grew older, he would follow the warden around, mimicking the gestures of evocation, muttering the very intonations the warden spoke. The mage taught him, and he quickly learned of Tempestry, Intonation, and Dragon-lore. As he grew, so did his powers, until he could hold his own against his mentor. It was then, Lawrence was finally sent to Elysium, to his lifelong home, to the tower of the Storm Wardens.

There under the careful guidance of such notable wardens as Gabriel, Vestias, Lenikar, Fleur, and Miri, he perfected his skill. It was there he summoned his first dragon, Patches. Slowly but surely he rose through the ranks. From apprentice, to initiate, to mage. He saw masters and mistresses of the four winds come and go. From Gabriel, to Azana, to Amariel. Shortly after obtaining his mage rank, Amariel called him into her office. It was then his destiny was realized, he gained the rank of Arch-Mage, and shortly after questioned Amariel for her position as Guild-Master of the Storm Wardens.

All good things are not meant to last. While most of the guild supported him, one mage, Ahmad, felt he could do better. So it was Lawrence was repeatedly questioned. The third time, disturbed by the state of his city, and the loss of Lord Aten as patron of Elysium, he stepped down, and tried to leave, to go to Ysallyra.

But these things, were not meant to be. Lawrence was not accepted into Ysallyra, and having come to his senses, he came back to Elysium. After a lengthy interview in with Fidelma, Amariel, and Razan, he was re-citizened. For a while he stayed in the wardens as Ahmad’s Arch-Mage. Although he did not agree with all of Ahmad’s policies, he did not believe the guild needed more turmoil and drama, so he stayed quiet. He wanted to help Elysium though, and went where he was needed, where a leader was needed, and none could be found, he went to the Rune-smiths.

For several months he led that guild. He Built it up until it was again a respectful establishment. He ran Runic tests, experiments of every sort imaginable. He discovered for himself, what every runic symbol does when engraved on a weapon, and catologued them in a book. In short, he returned the guild to glory. Eventually Tyden was allowed to be a citizen of Elysium again, and Lawrence returned to the wardens, upon seeing the sad state it was in, he questioned Ahmad with a promise to lead the guild as it should be. He was elected the Guild-Master of the Storm Wardens once more. When Amariel left elysium he questioned for her position and was made the Quaestor of Finance. It was around this time, nineteen months from this day of telling, that he asked for Fidelma Fidelis' hand.

Thus you can often find the current Master of the Winds relaxing with his beloved Fiance in their small home near the harbour, or at a small lake, watching the tide flow. For there is nothing that he set out to do seventy seven years ago, that he has not accomplished. My story, tis not an exciting one, but it is my story, and I hope that some will enjoy hearing it, if only to stave off the boredom for a few moments.

Be well my friends
    Last edited by Loren; 6 October 2008, 04:02 PM.
    We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Soooo. Mordi is your daddy?
    Faith is the virtue of the storm...

Comment

yeah... heh. does that mean I was killing my own family in pyroks story?
      We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

You're half dragon? Sweeet. I am *so* seeing if you have a stash of treasure, or, if a merchant searches in your home will it give me extra money?

Comment

uhh... no killing me ^_^

Comment

In that story, it was kill or be killed. Could say it was a family feud.
            Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Dragon Blade

I do not believe for one moment that you were sired by any actual dragon. It sounds to me more like your mother had reasons not to reveal the true father of her son, and concocted a fanciful tale.
              Charlotte Mayfair

Comment

Erm...yeah, no comment
                In every great storm lies a great calm.

Comment

Working...
                X