Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 ways you know you play Akanbar too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye

People will look at you funny when you have started using "Aye." in your normal everyday speech.
    Baron Icarus Augustus, Commander of the Black Legion, Imperial Guard Captain

Comment

Did that one once... parents looked at me and said "I what?" ...had to think fast 'I... am going out side" >.> was an awkward moment.
      Let's make 'em scream

Comment

Uh, I say that all the time. It's kinda weird. People have gotten used to it.

But yeah, blame Akanbar.
        Zycandos and Jaethor's karaoke rendition of 'I Feel Pretty'.

Jaethor goes solo with 'The Sound of Music'.

Minstrel Sharallin sings: "The lord of revenants is a withered man, sunken by age and evil. But his blood is sweet, say the young men - and they should know?"
        Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "((Stop breaking Akanbar.))"

Comment

I say "Aye" D:
          In every great storm lies a great calm.

Comment

So do I....and it comes up in texts a lot too for some reason...I agree, blame Akanbar.

Comment

lol, and mate and all the occassional other mishaps
              In every great storm lies a great calm.

Comment

wow...

I am 21 on akanbar and I am guilty of them all... even the ones pyrok said... withdrawel sypmtom... wow....
                Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you're going to miss it.

Comment

Up/Down + In/Out? XD
                  Sir Ichiban drools all over himself.
                  You say, "Ready? Ready?"
                  You say, "Go get it!"
                  You throw a light crystal to the up.
                  You have recovered balance.
                  Sir Ichiban is no longer following you.
                  Sir Ichiban has just ridden up, astride a warhorse.

Comment

I'd like to submit one for the list, though it might be more appropriate for the list of "you've played too much akanbar in your lifetime when"

-You still keep up to date on the BB and forums despite not really being active for the last 10 months.
                    In all you do.....do it with love and with honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrok
                      1. You go through withdrawal symptoms (guilty)
                      2. When you lose an important item you try to use 'locate' (guilty)
                      3. Shadows make you suspicious.
                      4. You tell those religious types that come to your door you worship a god or goddess already.
                      5. You run in fear of rabbits.
                      6. You poke burnt bits of food, hoping that it doesn't come to life (guilty, it was a weird moment)
                      7. Before you talk, you actually say 'say'. (Been there, done that)
                      4. yesss... I can't wait to have a religious person knock at my door and proceed to tell them about the Zycandos and the whole Pantheon.

7. so. many. awkward. moments. I did that once on a date, after dropping in on akanbar to check things. looking back, it was rather lame and probably looked like I was bored on that date...

Originally posted by Dimetrius
                      Oh, then there's the ever-popular random occurrence of the word 'who' in an IM conversation.

"who"

"who what?"

"nothing...wrong box"
                      done this so many times I had to explain why I kept randomly saying who.

and finally, and addition to this list that I found myself doing earlier

-you find it soothing to type, who, score, crystals in the middle of a ten page paper.

twas pretending I was playing akanbar instead of having to write out a paper the night before it was due.
                      Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                      2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                      Words to Live By:
                      "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                      "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

I know this is a bit of an older thread and I actually haven't ever read it till... now.
                        I'm guilty of over half of these, including dreaming in MUD, which there is a downside to that cause is like text rolling over a visual dream. Little harder to explain than I thought it was... Irregardless, that moment when you wake up and get on the check if you actually did anything you dreamed off.

As far as 'aye' goes, I use that on a daily basis rather actually speaking or through some type of text as well as doing 'say'. I have never -said- say during a conversation though, I do say things like 'lol' 'rofl' and whathaveyou. I think that's just part of my awesome akwardness.
                        Commander Joscelin says, "Sup puppets."
                        A marionette bashes Commander Joscelin with its heavy wooden fists.

Jaethor, God of Enlightenment tells you, "For nineteen minutes I liked you"

Comment

*resurrects thread*

You have a little panic attack if you leave other games unpaused, and wonder if Jaethor noticed you idling, before realizing you weren't playing Akanbar...
                          We are both of us merchants, and I'll promise you one thing. We will not laugh until we get the money, and we will not cry until we go bankrupt. And guess what? We are going to laugh.

Comment

Working...
                          X