X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response and request to Alyxa

---------------------
    Last edited by Silas; 25 February 2018, 05:57 AM. Reason: _

It's an honest post, if nothing else, and your very real, very valid issues aren't unknown to the admin. The problem is that, speaking from my own experiences as Jaethor's partner in crime, momentum is lost when players aren't as interested expected in plot developments, additions, all of the 'stuffing and potatoes' - so the question then becomes, what's the point in trying to make a turkey? Yes, there are always some projects floating around that get cork-boarded as 'someday' fantasies, and have continual work done on them...but with all of two regular/motivated people on staff right now (I'm not one of them), I won't tell you to hold your breath and cross your fingers.

Mortal players aren't the only ones jaded and disillusioned, but in a lot of ways it just is what it is. Sorry, optimism was never my strong point.

Comment

Silas,

Thank you for your inquiry. I will do my best to address some of the items mentioned in the link you provided.

Unlike the majority, or possibly all, of the previous builders/admin/coders I have no history in Akanbar. This has its obvious benefits and pitfalls. General player disposition, desire for content, and the kind of content players want. During my short time here thus far I've witnessed Nakarym put forth tremendous effort in furthering roleplay, developing lore and storyline progression. While this was generally well received by the players involved, it provided more of a quick break before returning to the grind of 'getting better' to beat the opposing force. Granted, these mini-events were more compartmentalized in terms of scope (Golgonath/Order Members/etc...).

World-wide events it seems have boiled down to competitions for various rewards where whichever side currently has the most active or higher level active players, completely dominates the event, earns the reward, and is quickly forgotten and the grind resumes.

Side note: You will not ever see Me hosting or organizing any kind of 'gathering/body count' competition.

While I assimilate to the environment I've spoken to players and have received some very viable ideas for events. Most being in the past week and all being what I would consider quick fix events. A distraction from the norm and something different to do. Other ideas have been enhancements to existing features.

As such I would pose this question to you, and any active player in Akanbar. Are these quick win/lose/move on events enough to satiate and stave off the stagnancy? Are more drawn out, story driven, and permanent world affecting events desired?

In regards to interaction, personally assume I am always in role unless I specifically say so. In the rare instances I am not it is for the sole purpose of code testing, bug fixes, etc....never a social instance.

I spend very little time hidden from mortal eyes when I am online and am quite open to such discussions in real-time if sought out.

Comment

---------------------
        Last edited by Silas; 25 February 2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X