Mudlet Mapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudlet Mapper

It is with significantly less hair and higher blood pressure that I present Akanbar's first version of a mudlet mapper system.

Akanbar_Mapper.zip

Functions it has so far:
    It maps stuff.
    You can speedwalk to places.

Seriously, this is as basic a mapper as you can get. All I did was take mudlet's basic mapper and adapt it to work with akanbar.

I'll add in swimming/etc one day, but just want to put this up in case I get distracted/lose interest.

If you're unfamiliar with mudlet systems, to install this, unzip the .zip file, then in mudlet, click on "Package Manager" and then install each xml file.
    Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
    If you're unfamiliar with mudlet systems, to install this, unzip the .zip file, then in mudlet, click on "Package Manager" and then install each xml file.
    Alternatively, you can also just installed the zipped .zip, and Mudlet will unpackage it all for you.

Now...how do I make it work?

Edit: Wait, I think I...okay it's working, I...oh no. OH NO.
    Last edited by Nakarym; 14 February 2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakarym View Post
      Alternatively, you can also just installed the zipped .zip, and Mudlet will unpackage it all for you.

I am unfamiliar with mudlet haha.

Oh and side note: In/out exits don't work.
      Tick tock goes the clock until you feel my ire. You'll lose your voice and turn to rock and lose what you desire.

Comment

did you break it like I did? lol I broke it, restarted mudlet, and it worked fine after that
        Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
        2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
        Words to Live By:
        "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
        "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Seig View Post
          did you break it like I did? lol I broke it, restarted mudlet, and it worked fine after that
          I broke it quite a few times, in different ways. But it's pretty great, looking forward to tinkering with it.

Comment

I broke it quite a few times, in different ways. But it's pretty great, looking forward to tinkering with it.
            If you could post/tell me what breaks (or how to fix it), we could improve it a bit. I'm nervous putting it on the mudlet forums until it's a little more robust.

Comment

One thing I'm having difficulty with is junctions. Say I just mapped out Temple Way in Golgonath, but want to finish Kratos before meeting the two at their intersection. I walk down Kratos, but as I'm going on to the 'meeting of many streets', it duplicates the room rather than recognizing 'Hey, this is already a thing, let's just connect the last room to the one already made'. Sometimes deleting the doubled room and going back from the other side works, and sometimes...it doesn't.

Comment

One thing I'm having difficulty with is junctions. Say I just mapped out Temple Way in Golgonath, but want to finish Kratos before meeting the two at their intersection. I walk down Kratos, but as I'm going on to the 'meeting of many streets', it duplicates the room rather than recognizing 'Hey, this is already a thing, let's just connect the last room to the one already made'. Sometimes deleting the doubled room and going back from the other side works, and sometimes...it doesn't.
                Maybe it's the lack of coffee, but not completely certain of the scenario. you go room A to B to C (to umpteen different rooms) to A? If so, do the rooms line up when you want to go back to room A? As in would it normally map a room at room A's? Or are the distances not matching up?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaethor View Post
                  Maybe it's the lack of coffee, but not completely certain of the scenario. you go room A to B to C (to umpteen different rooms) to A? If so, do the rooms line up when you want to go back to room A? As in would it normally map a room at room A's? Or are the distances not matching up?
                  I map A through C, which connects to another street. I then go come in from a second point, mapping D through F, the last of which also connects to C. Rather than just connecting it, however, it makes a second copy of C.

If I try to force it to fix itself by continuing back through from C to A, it just makes doubles of errthang. It -could- be because I'm manipulating the distances before the map is set, but then again it could not be. I'm praying that's not it, because it's a -pain in the ass- moving everything after the mapping is done. Especially in Golgonath, where every other room is spaced like five apart on the side streets Q_Q

Afterthought: there's a script command to move rooms on the map without having to touch the map, I need to find it when I wake up.
                  Last edited by Nakarym; 15 February 2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

okay so I'm having a problem with when I log back in after closing out mudlet where it doesn't pick up where I left off. I have to look, see what the room ID is, then setroom to the ID before the map works like its supposed to again.

edit: also it seems to not save my room aliases for speedwalking.
                    Seig is rather Dashing and Charming no?

Dashing Seig says, "We should run an ass slapping train on dat phat booty"
                    2240/2240h 280/280m 58xp >
                    Words to Live By:
                    "I dont assume to understand women" -Sir Magnum Veritan 2016
                    "...and RNGesus hates me cause I don't believe in him so..." -myself 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Seig View Post
                      okay so I'm having a problem with when I log back in after closing out mudlet where it doesn't pick up where I left off. I have to look, see what the room ID is, then setroom to the ID before the map works like its supposed to again.

edit: also it seems to not save my room aliases for speedwalking.
                      For not saving room aliases, look up the file and see if it's blank/doesn't exist. If it exists and isn't blank, it's a problem with loading it. If it doesn't exist or is blank, it's not saving it correctly.

As for the room not saving, odd. I chopped out a few things before I shipped this out, so it's probably that...

ok, after checking, it's also due to loading. Basically, mapper info is stored. Did you disable "Welcome to Akanbar" trigger? If not, check to see if you have a duplicate? Not sure how mudlet handles that- if they do both or choose one.

Comment

Edit: I'm actually going to take this post and move it to the Mudlet technical thread.

On the note of saving tables, it seems the first (CommodityTable) is nil - for this reason, the script breaks and doesn't save any of the other files, either.
                        Last edited by Nakarym; 16 February 2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X