As you are all well aware, I am not only dashingly handsome, but also a wonderful motivational speaker
and pitchman. Yes, really. To demonstrate the latter of these endowments, I give you the first entry of
my Feature Highlight blog series, which is sure to amaze and mystify you. You will laugh, you will cry,
you will feel emotions unable to be named by the greatest scholars of the ages.

Or not. We'll see.

FEATURE HIGHLIGHT: FISHING

If you've been puttering around without much to do lately (and haven't we all!), did you know that, with a
small investment of coin, the days spent staring at your city guardsmen or the walls of your loveless and
poorly-decorated home could bring you excitement and profit?

How, you ask? Fishing!

A frequently-requested feature was finally implemented just a few months past, and took Akanbar by
storm for quite some time. Whether angling for profit, fame or just to pass the time, everyone is not
only capable of taking up the fisherman's life, but guaranteed to find the process both leisurely and
rewarding.

Any adventurer looking to dabble should first head to Haddam, the village known first for its widespread
seafaring and fishing expertise (and second for its drab tavern wench, of course). Within Mungan's
baitshop along Anchor Lane, you can purchase your first rod - iron for saltwater fishing, wooden for
freshwater - and some bait. Who doesn't like carrying around clumps of worms! The man himself does
have a few words to say about the process, so I won't look to spoil it all for you here.

Regardless of which fishing waters you choose, you are guaranteed to turn a profit after your haul has
been reeled in. Once your worms have been spent and your arms are well-laden with your fragrant boon,
head back to Haddam! The twin fishmongers Aleyn and Brennus, who oversee import and export within
the village's Fish Market, will gladly pay for each fish by weight. Cha-ching!

Those curious and daring enough to engage in competition should also review the plaque hanging in the
Fish Market, which dutifully displays the largest recorded catches around Akanbar. Those renowned for
their fishing expertise and the strength of their mighty rods can even bear a feat for reaching the top three
placements!

Whether sailing the High Seas in your very own boat, swinging your feet from the nearest village pier or
just lazing about one of Akanbar's many rivers, fishing is a relaxing, profitable activity that no one should
pass up trying. Not convinced yet? Get out there and cast a line, you won't regret it!